It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad world, and DJBooth newcomer Nneka is using her serious musical talents to chronicle the globe’s madness. A Nigerian born singer who relocated to Germany and is just now beginning to break into the U.S., Nneka is introducing herself to our pages with the politically charged Changes, a softly moving but revolutionary track that refuses to be taken lightly. While producer and frequent collaborator J. Period spins an entrancing beat complete with a Biggie vocal sample, lyrical collaborators General Steele and M-1 (of Dead Prez fame) drop verses aimed at inspiring some truly independent hip-hop thought: “I’m a change maker, like Marcus Garvey in Jamaica.” As far as Nneka is concerned, it’s hard to truly get a read on her skills with only a hook, so all I can say it that I want to hear more. For more globally informed music be sure to check out Nneka’s The Madness (Onye-Ala) Mixtape, slated to set a match to the world on December 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/9/09
Submit your Rating
Sony Music Ent. Germany
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heartbeat (Koolkojak Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.