It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad world, and DJBooth newcomer Nneka is using her serious musical talents to chronicle the globe’s madness. A Nigerian born singer who relocated to Germany and is just now beginning to break into the U.S., Nneka is introducing herself to our pages with the politically charged Changes, a softly moving but revolutionary track that refuses to be taken lightly. While producer and frequent collaborator J. Period spins an entrancing beat complete with a Biggie vocal sample, lyrical collaborators General Steele and M-1 (of Dead Prez fame) drop verses aimed at inspiring some truly independent hip-hop thought: “I’m a change maker, like Marcus Garvey in Jamaica.” As far as Nneka is concerned, it’s hard to truly get a read on her skills with only a hook, so all I can say it that I want to hear more. For more globally informed music be sure to check out Nneka’s The Madness (Onye-Ala) Mixtape, slated to set a match to the world on December 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/9/09
Submit your Rating
Sony Music Ent. Germany
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Heartbeat (Koolkojak Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.