Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 14th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Nitty Scott, MC, the Brooklyn phenom who recently earned rave reviews for LP single Apex. On Passive Aggressive, the Boombox Family signee flexes her lyrical muscles over original boardwork by Scrilla Beats. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for the latest on Scott’s The Art of Chill LP, slated to drop independently on May 23.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.