Though Nitty Scott, MC is always working to sharpen her mic skills, her verbal prowess far predates her rise as an emcee. As the Windy City repper informs us on her latest feature, Language Arts has been her forte since her school days. On this fresh single, newly-released as part of the Okayplayerspace interview series (Click here to peep the full interview!), the artist showcases her mastery of the English language, delivering braggadocios bars packed with witty wordplay and internal rhyme. Good Reverend Dr. backs her lyrical calisthenics with a headphone-ready jazz-flute loop. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should keep it locked to our pages for the latest on Scott’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming album, The Art of Chill.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)