Though Nitty Scott, MC is always working to sharpen her mic skills, her verbal prowess far predates her rise as an emcee. As the Windy City repper informs us on her latest feature, Language Arts has been her forte since her school days. On this fresh single, newly-released as part of the Okayplayerspace interview series (Click here to peep the full interview!), the artist showcases her mastery of the English language, delivering braggadocios bars packed with witty wordplay and internal rhyme. Good Reverend Dr. backs her lyrical calisthenics with a headphone-ready jazz-flute loop. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should keep it locked to our pages for the latest on Scott’s currently-unscheduled forthcoming album, The Art of Chill.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.