If we were living in the 1960s, Nitty Scott, MC might be rocking bell-bottom jeans, beads and headbands. Even in hoodies, sneakers and hoop earrings, however, the Brooklyn spitter is a Flower Child at heart. The latest leak off The Boombox Diaries Vol. 1, this cut is less a retro-throwback than a transplant of the era’s free-spiritedness and creativity into today’s musical landscape, with Paul Boogie flipping a mellifluous harp sample as the artist shares her philosophy regarding artistic and personal growth. In addition to handling the hook, Kendrick Lamar brings a harder edge to the record’s penultimate verse. Boombox Diaries is set to hit iTunes August 28. In the meantime, those who haven’t already can still stream and download her debut project, The Cassette Chronicles, for free in the Booth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Nitty’s Anthony Sylvester-directed Flower Child visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!