If we were living in the 1960s, Nitty Scott, MC might be rocking bell-bottom jeans, beads and headbands. Even in hoodies, sneakers and hoop earrings, however, the Brooklyn spitter is a Flower Child at heart. The latest leak off The Boombox Diaries Vol. 1, this cut is less a retro-throwback than a transplant of the era’s free-spiritedness and creativity into today’s musical landscape, with Paul Boogie flipping a mellifluous harp sample as the artist shares her philosophy regarding artistic and personal growth. In addition to handling the hook, Kendrick Lamar brings a harder edge to the record’s penultimate verse. Boombox Diaries is set to hit iTunes August 28. In the meantime, those who haven’t already can still stream and download her debut project, The Cassette Chronicles, for free in the Booth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Nitty’s Anthony Sylvester-directed Flower Child visual.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.