Not one to skirt around issues of gender (no pun intended), Nitty Scott, MC tackles the topic of women in rap head-on on her latest effort, FeminiNITTY. On this freshly-remixed EP freestyle, J.Period cooks up a Jackin 4 Beats-style collection of classic industry instrumentals as Scott makes clear that fans can think of her as a capital-‘M’ M.C.—no prefix required. Watch for the artist’s latest street release, The Boombox Diaries Vol. I, to drop late this summer.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.