Greeted with near unanimous reader acclaim when it first hit our front page back in September 2011, Auntie Maria’s Crib returns today in the form of a fresh Neapolitan Remix. What’s the difference, you ask? Well, it’s the exact same, but you get to enjoy it with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. OK, OK, that’s a bald-faced lie—while the technology may not exist to transport delicious desserts over the Internet, this revamp does feature three flavors of lyrical excellence, along with an overhauled instrumental. Clay Hillman produces, switching the original’s The Good Reverend Dr.-produced backdrop for a slow-rolling, bluesy groove sampled from Shaun Murphy’s Game of Love. Assisting on the guest tip, Flushing fast-riser Action Bronson and Bronx buzzmaker The Kid Daytona bookend the headliner’s brand new middle verse with, respectively, allusive stunting and blunted braggadocio. And if that’s not enough Booth-approved talent for you, Jelani the MC mans the mixing boards. While this remix isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can find the album version of Auntie Maria’s Crib and much more on Nitty’s Doobies x Popsicle Sticks, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.