Greeted with near unanimous reader acclaim when it first hit our front page back in September 2011, Auntie Maria’s Crib returns today in the form of a fresh Neapolitan Remix. What’s the difference, you ask? Well, it’s the exact same, but you get to enjoy it with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. OK, OK, that’s a bald-faced lie—while the technology may not exist to transport delicious desserts over the Internet, this revamp does feature three flavors of lyrical excellence, along with an overhauled instrumental. Clay Hillman produces, switching the original’s The Good Reverend Dr.-produced backdrop for a slow-rolling, bluesy groove sampled from Shaun Murphy’s Game of Love. Assisting on the guest tip, Flushing fast-riser Action Bronson and Bronx buzzmaker The Kid Daytona bookend the headliner’s brand new middle verse with, respectively, allusive stunting and blunted braggadocio. And if that’s not enough Booth-approved talent for you, Jelani the MC mans the mixing boards. While this remix isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can find the album version of Auntie Maria’s Crib and much more on Nitty’s Doobies x Popsicle Sticks, available online as of last November.
Written by richard on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.