Summer 2011, we hardly knew you. Though the days are getting shorter and a chill is creeping into the air, there’s still time to bump a little dope warm-weather music—thus, Nitty Scott, MC‘s decided to give the season the proper send-off with a mixtape filled with breezy, occasionally blunted hip-hop. On the lead single off the project, the Brooklyn repper takes on a trip to Auntie Maria’s Crib. Who’s Auntie Maria, and why are we bothering her at home? It’s probably not necessary to think too hard about it—simply kick back and allow yourself to zone out as Scott laces The Good Reverend Dr.‘s head-noddable, soul-sampled production with free-associative braggadocio, stopping only to relight her Backwood blunt: “I’m fantastic at fastening my tactics, seems like you need aid, lotta lemons in your basket, hold up let me ash this. (Hey yo I think this sh*t went out. Can you smoke it up real quick?).” Like what you’re hearing? Doobies x Popsicle Sticks is scheduled to hit the artist’s official site in the coming weeks. In the meantime, why not check out her Booth-sponsored Cassette Chronicles mixtape, out now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.