Summer 2011, we hardly knew you. Though the days are getting shorter and a chill is creeping into the air, there’s still time to bump a little dope warm-weather music—thus, Nitty Scott, MC‘s decided to give the season the proper send-off with a mixtape filled with breezy, occasionally blunted hip-hop. On the lead single off the project, the Brooklyn repper takes on a trip to Auntie Maria’s Crib. Who’s Auntie Maria, and why are we bothering her at home? It’s probably not necessary to think too hard about it—simply kick back and allow yourself to zone out as Scott laces The Good Reverend Dr.‘s head-noddable, soul-sampled production with free-associative braggadocio, stopping only to relight her Backwood blunt: “I’m fantastic at fastening my tactics, seems like you need aid, lotta lemons in your basket, hold up let me ash this. (Hey yo I think this sh*t went out. Can you smoke it up real quick?).” Like what you’re hearing? Doobies x Popsicle Sticks is scheduled to hit the artist’s official site in the coming weeks. In the meantime, why not check out her Booth-sponsored Cassette Chronicles mixtape, out now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.