Nitty Scott, MC‘s been absent from our front page since guesting on Blu and Nottz‘s Boyz II Men back in October of 2013, but don’t think for a second that her skills have deteriorated in the months between features. On the contrary, this newly-released promotional single finds the BK phenom at the top—that is to say, the Apex—of her game. As if Nitty’s own witty bars weren’t enough, the record packs guest rhymes from Black Hippy‘s resident lyrical mastermind. Ab-Soul jumps on Yuri Beats‘s woodwind-laced production to “turn the booth to a dinner table” in a complex, conversational middle 16. Rob Regis provides promo artwork. Need more Nitty in your life? In addition to watching our pages for release details on unscheduled indie full-length The Art of Chill, you can tune in next Wednesday, March 26, for the artist’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.