Nitty Scott, MC‘s been absent from our front page since guesting on Blu and Nottz‘s Boyz II Men back in October of 2013, but don’t think for a second that her skills have deteriorated in the months between features. On the contrary, this newly-released promotional single finds the BK phenom at the top—that is to say, the Apex—of her game. As if Nitty’s own witty bars weren’t enough, the record packs guest rhymes from Black Hippy‘s resident lyrical mastermind. Ab-Soul jumps on Yuri Beats‘s woodwind-laced production to “turn the booth to a dinner table” in a complex, conversational middle 16. Rob Regis provides promo artwork. Need more Nitty in your life? In addition to watching our pages for release details on unscheduled indie full-length The Art of Chill, you can tune in next Wednesday, March 26, for the artist’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.