I can’t front. I often judge a book by its cover, and often I am so right. But I had to turn a few pages on this one to get to the content. With no pictures or priors, I came across a rapper named Nitty Scott, MC so I’m thinking, “This dude must be from Memphis.” Wrong. Turns out Nitty is a female that keeps her vagina out of the hip-hop equation, and she’s pretty legit, especially on the DJBooth premiere of her brand new record House Shoes. The title gives credit to the Detroit-producer House Shoes, who puts Nitty in a musical environment that allows her to match pace with layered drum patterns. At only 20-years-old, Nitty sounds like she’s been building bars since a baby, opening with a pornographic visual of her giving the business to words and phrases while smooth crooner Mike Maven on the hook is a great contrast to Nitty’s quick pace. Fans of unrelenting lyricism can find House Shoes on her upcoming mixtape, The Cassette Chronicles, presented by Mick Boogie and arriving via DJBooth on April 5.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 03/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.