I can’t front. I often judge a book by its cover, and often I am so right. But I had to turn a few pages on this one to get to the content. With no pictures or priors, I came across a rapper named Nitty Scott, MC so I’m thinking, “This dude must be from Memphis.” Wrong. Turns out Nitty is a female that keeps her vagina out of the hip-hop equation, and she’s pretty legit, especially on the DJBooth premiere of her brand new record House Shoes. The title gives credit to the Detroit-producer House Shoes, who puts Nitty in a musical environment that allows her to match pace with layered drum patterns. At only 20-years-old, Nitty sounds like she’s been building bars since a baby, opening with a pornographic visual of her giving the business to words and phrases while smooth crooner Mike Maven on the hook is a great contrast to Nitty’s quick pace. Fans of unrelenting lyricism can find House Shoes on her upcoming mixtape, The Cassette Chronicles, presented by Mick Boogie and arriving via DJBooth on April 5.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 03/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Luv My Life" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.