Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Today, many of those who, in ages past, would have Revered the Judaeo-Christian god, have persuaded themselves that they have no need for faith. In the eyes of NISSIM, a Seattle emcee and a recent convert to Orthodox Judaism, that’s the biggest mistake we could ever make. On a new single off his latest LP, his personal favorite track off the project, the artist bemoans the public’s rejection of divine love. After addressing the Man Upstairs from the perspective of a nonbeliever (“What are you to us? We trample your name, give in to lust.”), he pulls a 180, thanking the Lord for aiding his people despite their disrespect. In addition to rocking the mic, NISSIM crafts the record’s beat, layering cinematic strings over relentlessly driving percussion. For this joint, the reader-approved World Heroes and much more, check out NISSIM’s self-titled full-length, available online as of Tuesday, September 17.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view NISSIM’s Altrac Productions-directed Revered visual.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.