Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Today, many of those who, in ages past, would have Revered the Judaeo-Christian god, have persuaded themselves that they have no need for faith. In the eyes of NISSIM, a Seattle emcee and a recent convert to Orthodox Judaism, that’s the biggest mistake we could ever make. On a new single off his latest LP, his personal favorite track off the project, the artist bemoans the public’s rejection of divine love. After addressing the Man Upstairs from the perspective of a nonbeliever (“What are you to us? We trample your name, give in to lust.”), he pulls a 180, thanking the Lord for aiding his people despite their disrespect. In addition to rocking the mic, NISSIM crafts the record’s beat, layering cinematic strings over relentlessly driving percussion. For this joint, the reader-approved World Heroes and much more, check out NISSIM’s self-titled full-length, available online as of Tuesday, September 17.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view NISSIM’s Altrac Productions-directed Revered visual.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.