Back in May, Seattle rhymesayer D. Black returned from a three-year Booth hiatus a changed man: in addition to adopting a new stage name, NISSIM, the artist had converted to Orthodox Judaism. But his mic skills remained as sharp as ever, as evidenced by project lead single Chronicles. Having brought fans up to speed with the aforementioned joint, the emcee switches focus to the present on freshly-released follow-up Live for Now. A driving synth-pop beat backs NISSIM as he delivers some high-energy motivational bars, urging listeners to carpe the diem and make the most of the opportunities at hand. Pop twosome Bonhom contributes hook vocals support behind the boards, and Altrac Productions joins forces with the artist to direct the official visuals. For this stirring jam and much more, check out NISSIM’s self-titled LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, September 17.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.