Back in May, Seattle rhymesayer D. Black returned from a three-year Booth hiatus a changed man: in addition to adopting a new stage name, NISSIM, the artist had converted to Orthodox Judaism. But his mic skills remained as sharp as ever, as evidenced by project lead single Chronicles. Having brought fans up to speed with the aforementioned joint, the emcee switches focus to the present on freshly-released follow-up Live for Now. A driving synth-pop beat backs NISSIM as he delivers some high-energy motivational bars, urging listeners to carpe the diem and make the most of the opportunities at hand. Pop twosome Bonhom contributes hook vocals support behind the boards, and Altrac Productions joins forces with the artist to direct the official visuals. For this stirring jam and much more, check out NISSIM’s self-titled LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, September 17.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.