Back in May, Seattle rhymesayer D. Black returned from a three-year Booth hiatus a changed man: in addition to adopting a new stage name, NISSIM, the artist had converted to Orthodox Judaism. But his mic skills remained as sharp as ever, as evidenced by project lead single Chronicles. Having brought fans up to speed with the aforementioned joint, the emcee switches focus to the present on freshly-released follow-up Live for Now. A driving synth-pop beat backs NISSIM as he delivers some high-energy motivational bars, urging listeners to carpe the diem and make the most of the opportunities at hand. Pop twosome Bonhom contributes hook vocals support behind the boards, and Altrac Productions joins forces with the artist to direct the official visuals. For this stirring jam and much more, check out NISSIM’s self-titled LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, September 17.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)