Back in May, Seattle rhymesayer D. Black returned from a three-year Booth hiatus a changed man: in addition to adopting a new stage name, NISSIM, the artist had converted to Orthodox Judaism. But his mic skills remained as sharp as ever, as evidenced by project lead single Chronicles. Having brought fans up to speed with the aforementioned joint, the emcee switches focus to the present on freshly-released follow-up Live for Now. A driving synth-pop beat backs NISSIM as he delivers some high-energy motivational bars, urging listeners to carpe the diem and make the most of the opportunities at hand. Pop twosome Bonhom contributes hook vocals support behind the boards, and Altrac Productions joins forces with the artist to direct the official visuals. For this stirring jam and much more, check out NISSIM’s self-titled LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, September 17.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.