Nissim‘s stage name may not ring a bell, but his flow might. If not, do the names “D.Black” or Double Black Stax With Cheese jog your memory? During the three years since dropping off the aforementioned Booth-exclusive freestyle, the Seattle rhymesayer has undergone some serious life changes, fully embracing the Orthodox Jewish faith as well as adopting a new stage name. One thing that hasn’t changed, however, is his prowess on the mic; on lead mixtape single Chronicles, the emcee showcases undiminished skills as he spits about his spiritual awakening and his decision to return to the game. His bars come backed by an uncredited beatsmith’s cinematic, rock-infused boardwork. Nissim’s Miracle Music mixtape is scheduled for digital release in the near future, followed by the July arrival of his self-titled studio debut. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on both forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live For Now" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.