Nissim‘s stage name may not ring a bell, but his flow might. If not, do the names “D.Black” or Double Black Stax With Cheese jog your memory? During the three years since dropping off the aforementioned Booth-exclusive freestyle, the Seattle rhymesayer has undergone some serious life changes, fully embracing the Orthodox Jewish faith as well as adopting a new stage name. One thing that hasn’t changed, however, is his prowess on the mic; on lead mixtape single Chronicles, the emcee showcases undiminished skills as he spits about his spiritual awakening and his decision to return to the game. His bars come backed by an uncredited beatsmith’s cinematic, rock-infused boardwork. Nissim’s Miracle Music mixtape is scheduled for digital release in the near future, followed by the July arrival of his self-titled studio debut. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest on both forthcoming projects.
Written by richard on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
Orach Emet/Fin Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live For Now" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.