Toronto singer Nirvana Savoury is quick to label chicken and waffles as a crazy combination. To me, that just sounds like a Sunday morning after a hard night out. Regardless, she’s the one with the mic, so we’ll have to hear her out. Her new single, Chickn N Waffles, is a club banger filled with food metaphors (when did food become so sexy?). Considering that the highlights on Ms. Savoury’s résumé are her appearances on the soundtracks of Soul Plane and Honey, you probably aren’t familiar with her work. If Chickn N Waffles is any indication, however, it won’t be long until she makes a name for herself in the States. Her honey-sweet voice sounds right at home over Midi Mafia’s electric club beat. No announcements have been made regarding her debut album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/24/08
Submit your Rating
Picture Perfect Ent Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.