Toronto singer Nirvana Savoury is quick to label chicken and waffles as a crazy combination. To me, that just sounds like a Sunday morning after a hard night out. Regardless, she’s the one with the mic, so we’ll have to hear her out. Her new single, Chickn N Waffles, is a club banger filled with food metaphors (when did food become so sexy?). Considering that the highlights on Ms. Savoury’s résumé are her appearances on the soundtracks of Soul Plane and Honey, you probably aren’t familiar with her work. If Chickn N Waffles is any indication, however, it won’t be long until she makes a name for herself in the States. Her honey-sweet voice sounds right at home over Midi Mafia’s electric club beat. No announcements have been made regarding her debut album.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/24/08
Submit your Rating
Picture Perfect Ent Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.