On last week’s Be OK, the inaugural entry in his #WoodGrainWednesdays series, NIQUE announced his return to the game after a year of personal turbulence, and assured listeners that they could expect an uninterrupted stream of dopeness from that point forward. As promised, the Sin City representative returns this week with Whale, a braggadocious banger which finds him doing it bigger than Shamu. Here, Skate Bravo‘s synth-bass blurts and driving percussion bang in the back as NIQUE greets his rivals in the game, letting them know just how different things are gonna be now that he’s back on the mic. Like its predecessor, Whale is set for inclusion on forthcoming, as yet unscheduled street album Basswood. In the meantime, tune in to The DJBooth each Wednesday for further #WoodGrainWednesdays releases.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)