On last week’s Be OK, the inaugural entry in his #WoodGrainWednesdays series, NIQUE announced his return to the game after a year of personal turbulence, and assured listeners that they could expect an uninterrupted stream of dopeness from that point forward. As promised, the Sin City representative returns this week with Whale, a braggadocious banger which finds him doing it bigger than Shamu. Here, Skate Bravo‘s synth-bass blurts and driving percussion bang in the back as NIQUE greets his rivals in the game, letting them know just how different things are gonna be now that he’s back on the mic. Like its predecessor, Whale is set for inclusion on forthcoming, as yet unscheduled street album Basswood. In the meantime, tune in to The DJBooth each Wednesday for further #WoodGrainWednesdays releases.
Written by richard on 10/3/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.