NIQUE began his #WoodGrainWednesdays with Be OK, a record begging fans’ pardon for his almost year-long hiatus from the rap game. This week, he has another apology to make—to his parents, for airing out some familiar dirty laundry on the series’ latest installment. While the record’s chorus is borrowed from Eminem‘s Cleanin’ out My Closet, the Vegas representative’s verses lack Slim Shady’s vindictive bite. Instead, NIQUE remains sincere and contemplative as he describes the effects of his parents’ alcohol abuse and marital discord on his developing psyche. P.S.B. mans the boards, backing his bars with a tuneful, low-key mix of synths and acoustic guitar. Stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the December arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.