NIQUE began his #WoodGrainWednesdays with Be OK, a record begging fans’ pardon for his almost year-long hiatus from the rap game. This week, he has another apology to make—to his parents, for airing out some familiar dirty laundry on the series’ latest installment. While the record’s chorus is borrowed from Eminem‘s Cleanin’ out My Closet, the Vegas representative’s verses lack Slim Shady’s vindictive bite. Instead, NIQUE remains sincere and contemplative as he describes the effects of his parents’ alcohol abuse and marital discord on his developing psyche. P.S.B. mans the boards, backing his bars with a tuneful, low-key mix of synths and acoustic guitar. Stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the December arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.