NIQUE began his #WoodGrainWednesdays with Be OK, a record begging fans’ pardon for his almost year-long hiatus from the rap game. This week, he has another apology to make—to his parents, for airing out some familiar dirty laundry on the series’ latest installment. While the record’s chorus is borrowed from Eminem‘s Cleanin’ out My Closet, the Vegas representative’s verses lack Slim Shady’s vindictive bite. Instead, NIQUE remains sincere and contemplative as he describes the effects of his parents’ alcohol abuse and marital discord on his developing psyche. P.S.B. mans the boards, backing his bars with a tuneful, low-key mix of synths and acoustic guitar. Stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the December arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Written by richard on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.