If you’re familiar with 702 rep Nique, then you already have a heads up on a sleeping industry. I can’t front, I had to wipe the cold out my eye when this track landed in my inbox. Listening to some of his DJBooth Freestyle, and the Booth-approved first single, Boom Bap, off his upcoming mixtape X.XIII, there’s no doubt that if given the right platform and backing, he could make as much noise as any of these popular up-and-comers with monster co-signs, and while this second single, So Many Girls, is as commercial as anything I’ve heard from him, almost bordering on generic, he doesn’t sacrifice lyrical prowess for pop appeal; he somehow manages to accomplish both, in the vein of a B.o.B. With Mr. Music laying down a hook that’s beyond catchy, and a beat from Trixx that screams “Radio Ready!” one could guess that with a little push, this could be the record that brings him to the masses. Let’s hope that when X.XIII drops Oct. 13 (duh) the world will wake up and support this Sin City kid who’s poison with a pen.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 10/4/10
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.