If you’re familiar with 702 rep Nique, then you already have a heads up on a sleeping industry. I can’t front, I had to wipe the cold out my eye when this track landed in my inbox. Listening to some of his DJBooth Freestyle, and the Booth-approved first single, Boom Bap, off his upcoming mixtape X.XIII, there’s no doubt that if given the right platform and backing, he could make as much noise as any of these popular up-and-comers with monster co-signs, and while this second single, So Many Girls, is as commercial as anything I’ve heard from him, almost bordering on generic, he doesn’t sacrifice lyrical prowess for pop appeal; he somehow manages to accomplish both, in the vein of a B.o.B. With Mr. Music laying down a hook that’s beyond catchy, and a beat from Trixx that screams “Radio Ready!” one could guess that with a little push, this could be the record that brings him to the masses. Let’s hope that when X.XIII drops Oct. 13 (duh) the world will wake up and support this Sin City kid who’s poison with a pen.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 10/4/10
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.