Last we heard from NIQUE, it was late October and the Las Vegas rhymesayer was in the midst of a weekly series of digital releases leading up to the December arrival of a new street album. As evidenced by the set’s conspicuous absence from our iPods, that December drop date didn’t happen. Not to worry, though—it hasn’t fallen by the wayside. To give his hungry fanbase an idea of where the project is headed, the Sin City emcee has unleashed Losing Myself, a fresh cut which may or may not make the final tracklist. On this introspective selection, Anthony Corpuz’ moody synth-sample production sets the stage for bars addressing the omnipresent stresses of the hustle. Despite his anxieties, NIQUE remains determined to go hard or go home: “If I don’t blow and make it big, and all the pressure makes me give / Forgot about what I’ve done or did, an average life and a life to live.” Think Losing Myself deserves to be part of Basswood? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for all the latest on the currently-unscheduled LP.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.