Fresh off receiving the highest reader reviews thus far in #WoodGrainWednesdays with last week’s Cameras, Make History, NIQUE is back to (hopefully) top himself with the fourth release in his ongoing series. Let ‘Em Know finds beatsmith Trixx layering exotic synth riffs and hypnotic vocal samples over a syncopated percussion rhythm as the emcee assures listeners that he’s doing it for the paper, not for, “them b**tches or them hoes”—though the latter are a much-appreciated perk. Digging this swag-laden selection? Then stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.