Fresh off receiving the highest reader reviews thus far in #WoodGrainWednesdays with last week’s Cameras, Make History, NIQUE is back to (hopefully) top himself with the fourth release in his ongoing series. Let ‘Em Know finds beatsmith Trixx layering exotic synth riffs and hypnotic vocal samples over a syncopated percussion rhythm as the emcee assures listeners that he’s doing it for the paper, not for, “them b**tches or them hoes”—though the latter are a much-appreciated perk. Digging this swag-laden selection? Then stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.