Fresh off receiving the highest reader reviews thus far in #WoodGrainWednesdays with last week’s Cameras, Make History, NIQUE is back to (hopefully) top himself with the fourth release in his ongoing series. Let ‘Em Know finds beatsmith Trixx layering exotic synth riffs and hypnotic vocal samples over a syncopated percussion rhythm as the emcee assures listeners that he’s doing it for the paper, not for, “them b**tches or them hoes”—though the latter are a much-appreciated perk. Digging this swag-laden selection? Then stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.