Fresh off receiving the highest reader reviews thus far in #WoodGrainWednesdays with last week’s Cameras, Make History, NIQUE is back to (hopefully) top himself with the fourth release in his ongoing series. Let ‘Em Know finds beatsmith Trixx layering exotic synth riffs and hypnotic vocal samples over a syncopated percussion rhythm as the emcee assures listeners that he’s doing it for the paper, not for, “them b**tches or them hoes”—though the latter are a much-appreciated perk. Digging this swag-laden selection? Then stay tuned for further weekly releases leading up to the arrival of Basswood, a new street album which will include all #WoodGrainWednesdays cuts.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.