What good is 20/20 vision when you can’t see what’s right in front of your nose? For example, any hip-hop head who hasn’t taken note of the moves NIQUE‘s been making in the game may as well be legally blind; take a listen to his latest effort, Can’t See Me, and the scales just might fall from your eyes. Originally intended for inclusion on the Vegas representer’s forthcoming EP with DJ Finyl, this cut finds the Sin City DJ flipping a swag-drenched funk-soul sample as NIQUE endeavors to make his mic skills apparent. Proclaiming himself the “number-one draft pick for ‘11,” he offers to prove himself personally to any who may doubt his skills: “I know that your perception of me need a little work / cause I’m far from the impression that you made of me at first / And I don’t know what you’re thinking but come put me to the test / Guaranteed I’ll beat it, tell you any beat’ll be addressed.” The aforementioned collaborative street release currently lacks a drop date—keep it locked for release details on that project, as well as on Finyl’s sophomore set with Marion Write (as The Greater Good).
Written by richard on 11/23/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.