What good is 20/20 vision when you can’t see what’s right in front of your nose? For example, any hip-hop head who hasn’t taken note of the moves NIQUE‘s been making in the game may as well be legally blind; take a listen to his latest effort, Can’t See Me, and the scales just might fall from your eyes. Originally intended for inclusion on the Vegas representer’s forthcoming EP with DJ Finyl, this cut finds the Sin City DJ flipping a swag-drenched funk-soul sample as NIQUE endeavors to make his mic skills apparent. Proclaiming himself the “number-one draft pick for ‘11,” he offers to prove himself personally to any who may doubt his skills: “I know that your perception of me need a little work / cause I’m far from the impression that you made of me at first / And I don’t know what you’re thinking but come put me to the test / Guaranteed I’ll beat it, tell you any beat’ll be addressed.” The aforementioned collaborative street release currently lacks a drop date—keep it locked for release details on that project, as well as on Finyl’s sophomore set with Marion Write (as The Greater Good).
Written by richard on 11/23/11
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.