While the title of West Coast buzzmaker (and recent Booth showcase participant) NIQUE‘s latest mixtape leak carries nostalgic connotations, the record is more than a simple retro throwback; like fellow Vegas representatives (and FloDeep partners-in-rhyme) Marion Write and Radio Ramone, the up-and-comer deals in a forward-looking blend of old and new-school influences, and this joint fits that description to a tee. Over Superslikuzi‘s shuffling percussion and soulful horn stabs, the artist spits bars composed of “a little bit of this and a little bit of that.” The dominant flavors in NIQUE’s lyrical casserole? Tightly-wound trash-talk and witty braggadocio, liberally seasoned with alliteration and internal rhyme “Hold up, let me hit ém with the slick sh*t, smooth flow, same reason why your chick split / quick n*gga, I be on that sick sh*t, brand new LeBron #6 sh*t…” Does this eclectically fresh banger leave you craving more? Then you’ll find what you seek on NIQUE’s FloDeep/GoWhere-sponsored X.XIII street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net – you guessed it – October 13.
Written by richard on 09/7/10
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.