While the title of West Coast buzzmaker (and recent Booth showcase participant) NIQUE‘s latest mixtape leak carries nostalgic connotations, the record is more than a simple retro throwback; like fellow Vegas representatives (and FloDeep partners-in-rhyme) Marion Write and Radio Ramone, the up-and-comer deals in a forward-looking blend of old and new-school influences, and this joint fits that description to a tee. Over Superslikuzi‘s shuffling percussion and soulful horn stabs, the artist spits bars composed of “a little bit of this and a little bit of that.” The dominant flavors in NIQUE’s lyrical casserole? Tightly-wound trash-talk and witty braggadocio, liberally seasoned with alliteration and internal rhyme “Hold up, let me hit ém with the slick sh*t, smooth flow, same reason why your chick split / quick n*gga, I be on that sick sh*t, brand new LeBron #6 sh*t…” Does this eclectically fresh banger leave you craving more? Then you’ll find what you seek on NIQUE’s FloDeep/GoWhere-sponsored X.XIII street album, scheduled to hit the ‘net – you guessed it – October 13.
Written by richard on 09/7/10
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.