Once a regular fixture in the Booth, NIQUE disappeared from our pages last fall, after bringing us November’s Can’t See Me. If you’ve been wondering what precisely has been holding him back from releasing new music, wonder no longer. On his latest single and the inaugural release in his new online series, he lays it all on the table. Be OK strands in a long hip-hop tradition of “Where the f**k was I?” records, but differs from most of its peers in that NIQUE offers no excuses for his absence. Instead, he apologizes profusely (“I was tryin’ to find a perfect way to say this / So I apologize for such a long hiatus) and assures fans that he’s back for good, before satisfying our curiosity with a few remarks on the sh*t he’s been through over the course of the past year. BlackLight Music provides a piano-loop beat to back his brutally honest bars. Though it’s been a minute, I have a hunch that NIQUE’s fans will welcome him back with open arms after a listen to this penitent jam. If you like what you’re hearing, then keep it locked for the latest leading up to the November release of his Basswood LP, as well as checking back with us each week for fresh #WoodGrainWednesdays entries.
Written by richard on 09/26/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Long Time Comin" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.