Man, what needs to happen for us to get that long-awaited album from New West representative Nipsey Hu$$le? The man was a XXL Freshman, but still no release date. The man dropped the Booth acclaimed Feelin’ Myself, but still no release date. And now that he’s been given the Keys to the City? Still no release date. A new single set to appear on his upcoming Tha Marathon project, not his long-awaited South Central State of Mind album, Keys to the City takes an absolutely entrancing beat from DJay Cas & Eng, who lace soaring vocals with live percussion, and has Nipsey add the kind of street lyricism that initially earned him top up-and-comer status, flipping between bravado and social consciousness with ease: “Forget about the risks we took? I never can. Rebel in this white man’s world until they bury him.” Do lines like that have you fiending to cop Tha Marathon? You’ll just have to wait for, you guessed it, the project to receive a solid release date, though we’re promised details are coming “very soon.” Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/10
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.