In an industry dictated by rivalries and hate, it’s always nice to see two rappers settle their differences through the medium of music. Comptonites The Game, a Blood, and Nipsey Hussle, a Crip, come together on Hussle’s new track, They Roll. Interestingly enough, their two styles actually complement each other quite well. Nipsey raps like he wants to make sure you hear each and every word he has to say: well-enunciated, heavily-emphasized, and clear as the blue shirt on his back. As can be expected from The Game, his delivery is stressed just enough so that the listener takes what he says dead seriously. The two reconciled gangsters spit over a laid-back beat by Cozmo, perfect for keeping tensions at ease.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/10/08
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bullets Ain't Got No Name (Remix) ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.