As picturesque as Christmas in snowy Minne-ap will undoubtedly be, I’d be lying if I said I couldn’t use some sunny West Coast vibes in my life right about now. Lucky for me and my fellow Nipsey Hussle fans, we are gonna get some new tunes from our favorite Slauson Boy before the year’s out. Mr. Untouchable, the final leak off Hussle’s forthcoming street album, continues right where Keys to the City left off: with the artist affirming his gangster-hood over some quality New West production. An unknown beatsmith’s head-noddable, organ-led groove sets a street-ready mood as Hussle pays tribute to the three ‘W’s that form the backbone of his high-rolling lifestyle: Weed, Women and… a… Whole lot of money (Wampum?). Assisting on the guest tip is a G-funk vet; Pomona representative Kokane contributes a sung hook, as well as dropping a few eccentrically fresh flows on the back. Will 2011 be the year Nipsey (with a little help from Dre) “[puts] the West back on the map” Here’s hoping. In the meantime, fans can expect more where this came from on Tuesday (Dec. 21), when Marathon hits nipseyhussle.com.
Written by richard on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.