Following the release of his newest mixtape, Bullets Ain’t Got No Name (Vol. 2), earlier this week, rapper Nipsey Hussle has blessed the Booth with the first street single off his forthcoming debut album, South Central State of Mind. Produced by Aphilliates Music Group associate Detroit Red, Hussle In The House showcases one simple fact: Nipsey is pure West Coast. Over a flute-led bassline that knocks like old-school productions from Daz Dillinger and Dr. Dre, Hussle invites us into his world and reminds us that “this is only an introduction into his life.” With honest lyricism and a grind game to match, it won’t be long before this Epic/Cinematic recording artist is knocking down the front doors of an entire block of houses. Hussle’s mainstream arrival is set to bang out this summer.
We encourage all of our member-DJs to participate in Hussle’s exciting, new “Who Wants To Be My DJ” competition, and to check out his exclusive interview inside the DJBooth next week! The contest information can be found here.
Listen to More: Nipsey Hussle Written by DJ Z
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.