If you were to ask a random sampling of Booth regulars, “Who’s the next on the West?” it’s a good bet that nine out of 10 would immediately respond, “Nipsey Hussle.” Though there are plenty of worthy Left Coast up-and-comers to choose from, the South Central native’s unique blend of classic Cali style and new-school swagger reads like a recipe for breakout success—in other words, he’s just Gotta Make It. Sent to the Booth as a rough mix four months ago and recently passed along in mastered form, this mixtape cut was originally considered as a single off Hussle’s forthcoming debut album, and it shows; as Hussle delivers characteristically hard-nosed verses, Scram Jones serves up a laid-back beat brimming with classic West Coast appeal, and the memorable hook comes complete with the chilled-out vocal stylings of not one but two R&B guest artists: frequent Hussle collaborator June Summers is joined here by up-and-coming singer/rapper Tasleema. Easily one of the Slauson Boy’s most crowd-pleasing features to date, GMI can be found on Hussle’s Bullets Ain’t Got No Name Vol. 3 mixtape, set to drop this summer.
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.