On the strength of several collaborations with fellow West Coast native The Game, Nipsey Hussle dropped his Bullets Ain’t Got No Name mixtape this past July. Hosted by DJ Skee and DJ Felli Fel, the project enhanced Hussle’s industry buzz, which in turn allowed for his record labels, Cinematic and Epic, to begin a heavy promotional push. For his end-of-summer encore, he is joined by San Antonio native and labelmate Question, as well as Chicago emcees Cap-1 and Yung Berg on Karma. The collaborative freestyle, which will appear on the emcee’s forthcoming second volume of Bullets Ain’t Got No Name, makes use of some old-school Outkast production and showcases Hussle’s stellar songwriting skills. An untitled debut is currently set for a first quarter ’09 release.
Written by DJ Z on 09/16/08
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.