On the strength of several collaborations with fellow West Coast native The Game, Nipsey Hussle dropped his Bullets Ain’t Got No Name mixtape this past July. Hosted by DJ Skee and DJ Felli Fel, the project enhanced Hussle’s industry buzz, which in turn allowed for his record labels, Cinematic and Epic, to begin a heavy promotional push. For his end-of-summer encore, he is joined by San Antonio native and labelmate Question, as well as Chicago emcees Cap-1 and Yung Berg on Karma. The collaborative freestyle, which will appear on the emcee’s forthcoming second volume of Bullets Ain’t Got No Name, makes use of some old-school Outkast production and showcases Hussle’s stellar songwriting skills. An untitled debut is currently set for a first quarter ’09 release.
Written by DJ Z on 09/16/08
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.