After unleashing his (in)famous $100 mixtape, Crenshaw, in October, Nipsey Hussle stayed busy on the guest tip for the remainder of 2013, lending his flow to joints by Hit-Boy (Alert), Ray Rizzy (Get Wit It), OverDoz (These N**gas) and more. Needless to say, he was paid handsomely for his trouble, and on his first solo feature of the new year he sits back to Count Up That Loot. As the L.A. mainstay delivers his caked-up bars, DJ Drew Byrd serves up a hazy string groove that apparently skipped a step on its way from his studio to your headphones; in the opening verse, Nipsey boasts, “This beat ain’t even mixed, but it’s f**kin’ perfect!” This joint isn’t attached to a larger project but, judging by the fact that it was dubbed Crenshaw Tour Leak #1, fans can safely assume that more fresh cuts are on the way.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.