Think Nipsey Hussle is nothing more than a flash in the pan? Then you clearly haven’t been following his career as long as we have. The West Coast rhymesayer has been on his grind for a hot minute and, now that he’s starting to get his rightful shine, you’d best believe he’s gonna Be Here a While. Coming on the heels of last week’s Between Us, the fourth song release in the #CrenshawTour series finds Hussle retracing his winding path from rags to riches, and looking forward to the even brighter days that await him. Booth-featured recording artist and producer Polyster‘s fluid guitar loops and slow-rolling rhythm section back the artist as he revels in his many achievements, form the financial to the academic (“I’m a dropout, but now I speak at colleges—how ironic!”). Booth newcomer Vernardo provides a breezy falsetto hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the #CrenshawTour series, as well as anything else Nipsey may add to the agenda.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.