Think Nipsey Hussle is nothing more than a flash in the pan? Then you clearly haven’t been following his career as long as we have. The West Coast rhymesayer has been on his grind for a hot minute and, now that he’s starting to get his rightful shine, you’d best believe he’s gonna Be Here a While. Coming on the heels of last week’s Between Us, the fourth song release in the #CrenshawTour series finds Hussle retracing his winding path from rags to riches, and looking forward to the even brighter days that await him. Booth-featured recording artist and producer Polyster‘s fluid guitar loops and slow-rolling rhythm section back the artist as he revels in his many achievements, form the financial to the academic (“I’m a dropout, but now I speak at colleges—how ironic!”). Booth newcomer Vernardo provides a breezy falsetto hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the #CrenshawTour series, as well as anything else Nipsey may add to the agenda.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.