Think Nipsey Hussle is nothing more than a flash in the pan? Then you clearly haven’t been following his career as long as we have. The West Coast rhymesayer has been on his grind for a hot minute and, now that he’s starting to get his rightful shine, you’d best believe he’s gonna Be Here a While. Coming on the heels of last week’s Between Us, the fourth song release in the #CrenshawTour series finds Hussle retracing his winding path from rags to riches, and looking forward to the even brighter days that await him. Booth-featured recording artist and producer Polyster‘s fluid guitar loops and slow-rolling rhythm section back the artist as he revels in his many achievements, form the financial to the academic (“I’m a dropout, but now I speak at colleges—how ironic!”). Booth newcomer Vernardo provides a breezy falsetto hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the #CrenshawTour series, as well as anything else Nipsey may add to the agenda.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
Submit your Rating
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.