Think Nipsey Hussle is nothing more than a flash in the pan? Then you clearly haven’t been following his career as long as we have. The West Coast rhymesayer has been on his grind for a hot minute and, now that he’s starting to get his rightful shine, you’d best believe he’s gonna Be Here a While. Coming on the heels of last week’s Between Us, the fourth song release in the #CrenshawTour series finds Hussle retracing his winding path from rags to riches, and looking forward to the even brighter days that await him. Booth-featured recording artist and producer Polyster‘s fluid guitar loops and slow-rolling rhythm section back the artist as he revels in his many achievements, form the financial to the academic (“I’m a dropout, but now I speak at colleges—how ironic!”). Booth newcomer Vernardo provides a breezy falsetto hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the #CrenshawTour series, as well as anything else Nipsey may add to the agenda.
Written by richard on 02/4/14
All Money In
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Roll ft. The Game" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.