On previously-featured cut What’cha Know About Me, Nino Bless departed somewhat from his usual aggressive style to give us a little insight into what makes him tick. That reader-acclaimed cut, however, was barely skin-deep in comparison to Bless’ new single – here, the Latin Marksman invites us to “Step Into My Life and see what I see.” Backed by Had It up to Here producer Engineer‘s somber, piano-driven boardwork, Nino treats the recording booth as a therapist’s couch, discussing his guilt about putting music before family, his sister-in-law’s death from a heroin overdose and his romantic regrets, among other emotionally-charged topics. Topped off with Neenah‘s somber hook vocals, SIML deals with some heavy subject matter, but Bless devotees will undoubtedly appreciate the glimpse into the emcee’s psyche. For more introspective jams, along with plenty of all-out lyrical scorchers, download a copy of The Latin Marksman 2, set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Written by richard on 10/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.