On previously-featured cut What’cha Know About Me, Nino Bless departed somewhat from his usual aggressive style to give us a little insight into what makes him tick. That reader-acclaimed cut, however, was barely skin-deep in comparison to Bless’ new single – here, the Latin Marksman invites us to “Step Into My Life and see what I see.” Backed by Had It up to Here producer Engineer‘s somber, piano-driven boardwork, Nino treats the recording booth as a therapist’s couch, discussing his guilt about putting music before family, his sister-in-law’s death from a heroin overdose and his romantic regrets, among other emotionally-charged topics. Topped off with Neenah‘s somber hook vocals, SIML deals with some heavy subject matter, but Bless devotees will undoubtedly appreciate the glimpse into the emcee’s psyche. For more introspective jams, along with plenty of all-out lyrical scorchers, download a copy of The Latin Marksman 2, set to hit the ‘net “soon.”
Listen to More: Nino Bless Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.