With cuts like his last feature, F*ck the Rap Game, self-styled Latin Marksman Nino Bless has proven himself a lyrical sharpshooter able to take down his targets with pinpoint accuracy. Needless to say, the Brooklyn native knows he’s on top of his game, and, though the road to success has been a tough one, he’s now able to say with confidence, “It’s My Time.” Describing his hopes for the future and looking back at the life struggles that made him who he is today, Bless spits introspective, subdued verses that nonetheless exude steely determination, and beatsmith Sivey provides an appropriately cinematic accompaniment—his stark, multilayered instrumental, driven by muted kick drum and ‘gun-cocking’ sound effects, is unusual, but its slow-burning energy makes this record a compelling, tension-fraught listen. If you’re a fan, keep it locked to the Booth in June; Bless’ Latin Marksman 2 mixtape, as well as his contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series and an exclusive interview are slated to hit our front page next month.
Listen to More: Nino Bless
Written by richard on 05/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.