With cuts like his last feature, F*ck the Rap Game, self-styled Latin Marksman Nino Bless has proven himself a lyrical sharpshooter able to take down his targets with pinpoint accuracy. Needless to say, the Brooklyn native knows he’s on top of his game, and, though the road to success has been a tough one, he’s now able to say with confidence, “It’s My Time.” Describing his hopes for the future and looking back at the life struggles that made him who he is today, Bless spits introspective, subdued verses that nonetheless exude steely determination, and beatsmith Sivey provides an appropriately cinematic accompaniment—his stark, multilayered instrumental, driven by muted kick drum and ‘gun-cocking’ sound effects, is unusual, but its slow-burning energy makes this record a compelling, tension-fraught listen. If you’re a fan, keep it locked to the Booth in June; Bless’ Latin Marksman 2 mixtape, as well as his contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series and an exclusive interview are slated to hit our front page next month.
Listen to More: Nino Bless
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.