With cuts like his last feature, F*ck the Rap Game, self-styled Latin Marksman Nino Bless has proven himself a lyrical sharpshooter able to take down his targets with pinpoint accuracy. Needless to say, the Brooklyn native knows he’s on top of his game, and, though the road to success has been a tough one, he’s now able to say with confidence, “It’s My Time.” Describing his hopes for the future and looking back at the life struggles that made him who he is today, Bless spits introspective, subdued verses that nonetheless exude steely determination, and beatsmith Sivey provides an appropriately cinematic accompaniment—his stark, multilayered instrumental, driven by muted kick drum and ‘gun-cocking’ sound effects, is unusual, but its slow-burning energy makes this record a compelling, tension-fraught listen. If you’re a fan, keep it locked to the Booth in June; Bless’ Latin Marksman 2 mixtape, as well as his contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series and an exclusive interview are slated to hit our front page next month.
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.