With cuts like his last feature, F*ck the Rap Game, self-styled Latin Marksman Nino Bless has proven himself a lyrical sharpshooter able to take down his targets with pinpoint accuracy. Needless to say, the Brooklyn native knows he’s on top of his game, and, though the road to success has been a tough one, he’s now able to say with confidence, “It’s My Time.” Describing his hopes for the future and looking back at the life struggles that made him who he is today, Bless spits introspective, subdued verses that nonetheless exude steely determination, and beatsmith Sivey provides an appropriately cinematic accompaniment—his stark, multilayered instrumental, driven by muted kick drum and ‘gun-cocking’ sound effects, is unusual, but its slow-burning energy makes this record a compelling, tension-fraught listen. If you’re a fan, keep it locked to the Booth in June; Bless’ Latin Marksman 2 mixtape, as well as his contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series and an exclusive interview are slated to hit our front page next month.
Written by richard on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.