First heard on Scram Jones’ Third Degree, Brooklyn MC Nino Bless has been busy working his way into the ranks of the East Coast’s underground elite, impressing the listeners on his Akon-assisted Changed Man and, most recently, as part of the Slaughterhouse supergroup (with Crook, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce Da 5’9). In fact, when we start our DJBooth Freestyle Series in mid-January, Nino is set to be one of the emcees to contribute. For now, Nino goes harder than usual with his new single, Murdera. Despite what the title may suggest, it’s not a “gangsta” track at all. Instead, the track finds Nino lamenting all the killings going on around him, addressing not only gang violence but also senseless slayings (think Jennifer Hudson’s family), police shootings (think Sean Bell), and even soon-to-be-former President George W. Bush’s role in the Iraq War. Like many of us, Nino Bless prays each night for these senseless murders to stop, and hopes that Barack Obama will bring change once he enters office.
Written by Burmy on 12/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.