First heard on Scram Jones’ Third Degree, Brooklyn MC Nino Bless has been busy working his way into the ranks of the East Coast’s underground elite, impressing the listeners on his Akon-assisted Changed Man and, most recently, as part of the Slaughterhouse supergroup (with Crook, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce Da 5’9). In fact, when we start our DJBooth Freestyle Series in mid-January, Nino is set to be one of the emcees to contribute. For now, Nino goes harder than usual with his new single, Murdera. Despite what the title may suggest, it’s not a “gangsta” track at all. Instead, the track finds Nino lamenting all the killings going on around him, addressing not only gang violence but also senseless slayings (think Jennifer Hudson’s family), police shootings (think Sean Bell), and even soon-to-be-former President George W. Bush’s role in the Iraq War. Like many of us, Nino Bless prays each night for these senseless murders to stop, and hopes that Barack Obama will bring change once he enters office.
Written by Burmy on 12/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.