If I were to describe underground rap’s current mood in one word, it would be “exasperated;” from Auto-tune to tight pants to dance-themed hits, there are countless topics that seem to leave those below the mainstream radar constantly stressed. Booth favorite Nino Bless has also Had It Up to Here, but his gripes aren’t quite the same ones that have so many others steamed—no, scratch that: he has all the same gripes, plus several dozen more, some of which contradict one another. This mixtape leak finds Bless venting his dissatisfaction with everything in the industry (and beyond) over a piano-synth beat by Engineer—as he admits on the back end, he’s even sick of himself! Plenty of Bless’ barbs hit home, but those who listen closely may detect a satirical edge; while railing against the game, he also seems to be poking fun at himself and other rappers with a tendency to accentuate the negative. Those who like the cut of this Booth favorite’s jib should stay tuned for Latin Marksman 2 and Madlib collabo The Nomads, both slated to drop prior to the fall release of Untold Scriptures 2.
Written by richard on 08/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.