A typical rapper’s backstory is full of sin and vice, often with no apologies for those they have hurt. Having found a better way of life, however, Brooklyn rapper Nino Bless (previously heard on Scram Jones‘s Third Degree) hopes to change things. Sorry for all the wrongs he hath committed, Bless declares himself a Changed Man. Known for an apology anthem or two, Akon brings his street-sounding, heartfelt voice to the song’s hook, which is sandwiched in between his intro (sampling Bob Marley’s Johnny Was) and his bridge. Accented by Veterano‘s beat, Changed Man might very well change the way that conscious hip-hop is viewed. And that is something that nobody needs to be sorry about.
Written by Burmy on 08/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)