A typical rapper’s backstory is full of sin and vice, often with no apologies for those they have hurt. Having found a better way of life, however, Brooklyn rapper Nino Bless (previously heard on Scram Jones‘s Third Degree) hopes to change things. Sorry for all the wrongs he hath committed, Bless declares himself a Changed Man. Known for an apology anthem or two, Akon brings his street-sounding, heartfelt voice to the song’s hook, which is sandwiched in between his intro (sampling Bob Marley’s Johnny Was) and his bridge. Accented by Veterano‘s beat, Changed Man might very well change the way that conscious hip-hop is viewed. And that is something that nobody needs to be sorry about.
Written by Burmy on 08/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.