A typical rapper’s backstory is full of sin and vice, often with no apologies for those they have hurt. Having found a better way of life, however, Brooklyn rapper Nino Bless (previously heard on Scram Jones‘s Third Degree) hopes to change things. Sorry for all the wrongs he hath committed, Bless declares himself a Changed Man. Known for an apology anthem or two, Akon brings his street-sounding, heartfelt voice to the song’s hook, which is sandwiched in between his intro (sampling Bob Marley’s Johnny Was) and his bridge. Accented by Veterano‘s beat, Changed Man might very well change the way that conscious hip-hop is viewed. And that is something that nobody needs to be sorry about.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.