A typical rapper’s backstory is full of sin and vice, often with no apologies for those they have hurt. Having found a better way of life, however, Brooklyn rapper Nino Bless (previously heard on Scram Jones‘s Third Degree) hopes to change things. Sorry for all the wrongs he hath committed, Bless declares himself a Changed Man. Known for an apology anthem or two, Akon brings his street-sounding, heartfelt voice to the song’s hook, which is sandwiched in between his intro (sampling Bob Marley’s Johnny Was) and his bridge. Accented by Veterano‘s beat, Changed Man might very well change the way that conscious hip-hop is viewed. And that is something that nobody needs to be sorry about.
Written by Burmy on 08/24/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.