A typical rapper’s backstory is full of sin and vice, often with no apologies for those they have hurt. Having found a better way of life, however, Brooklyn rapper Nino Bless (previously heard on Scram Jones‘s Third Degree) hopes to change things. Sorry for all the wrongs he hath committed, Bless declares himself a Changed Man. Known for an apology anthem or two, Akon brings his street-sounding, heartfelt voice to the song’s hook, which is sandwiched in between his intro (sampling Bob Marley’s Johnny Was) and his bridge. Accented by Veterano‘s beat, Changed Man might very well change the way that conscious hip-hop is viewed. And that is something that nobody needs to be sorry about.
Written by Burmy on 08/24/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.