Earlier this week, Nino Bless received high praise for his aggressive guest verse on Beyond Belief‘s Bobby Meets Bless. Today, the Brooklyn up-and-comer is back in the Booth with a new mixtape cut of his own – one that should provide every hip-hop lover with an Internet connection (which, I assume, is all of us) with plenty of food for thought. On F*ck the Rap Game, Bless takes aim at some of the backdoor politicking that results in a less-than-level playing field for those trying to build buzz based on the merits of their music. Over Veterano‘s piano production (complete with sobbing-baby samples on the hook), the emcee spits blistering attacks on a variety of targets; his accusations of shady dealings on the parts of radio DJs and publications like The Source are particularly hard-hitting. In addition to dropping The Latin Marksman (Hit Files Vol. 1) on the 24th, Bless plans to release Vol. 2 of his Untold Scriptures mixtape in early May. Fans should also stay tuned for the emcee’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Listen to More: Nino Bless
Written by richard on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.