Earlier this week, Nino Bless received high praise for his aggressive guest verse on Beyond Belief‘s Bobby Meets Bless. Today, the Brooklyn up-and-comer is back in the Booth with a new mixtape cut of his own – one that should provide every hip-hop lover with an Internet connection (which, I assume, is all of us) with plenty of food for thought. On F*ck the Rap Game, Bless takes aim at some of the backdoor politicking that results in a less-than-level playing field for those trying to build buzz based on the merits of their music. Over Veterano‘s piano production (complete with sobbing-baby samples on the hook), the emcee spits blistering attacks on a variety of targets; his accusations of shady dealings on the parts of radio DJs and publications like The Source are particularly hard-hitting. In addition to dropping The Latin Marksman (Hit Files Vol. 1) on the 24th, Bless plans to release Vol. 2 of his Untold Scriptures mixtape in early May. Fans should also stay tuned for the emcee’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.