Earlier this week, Nino Bless received high praise for his aggressive guest verse on Beyond Belief‘s Bobby Meets Bless. Today, the Brooklyn up-and-comer is back in the Booth with a new mixtape cut of his own – one that should provide every hip-hop lover with an Internet connection (which, I assume, is all of us) with plenty of food for thought. On F*ck the Rap Game, Bless takes aim at some of the backdoor politicking that results in a less-than-level playing field for those trying to build buzz based on the merits of their music. Over Veterano‘s piano production (complete with sobbing-baby samples on the hook), the emcee spits blistering attacks on a variety of targets; his accusations of shady dealings on the parts of radio DJs and publications like The Source are particularly hard-hitting. In addition to dropping The Latin Marksman (Hit Files Vol. 1) on the 24th, Bless plans to release Vol. 2 of his Untold Scriptures mixtape in early May. Fans should also stay tuned for the emcee’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.