Nino Bless’ last feature, May’s Alien Jesus, saw the artist delivering a witty lyrical rundown of the falsehoods we’re constantly fed by the mainstream media and the powers that be. On newly-released mixtape standout Bonfire, the BK native turns that razor-sharp critical eye inward. Over a brooding Nemesis production sampled from electronic group Blue Foundations’ jam of the same title, Bless surveys his current position in the game with a steely gaze, recognizing that he has a long, hard road ahead of him but expressing confidence that he’ll ultimately reign victorious. Soul Khan digs even deeper on the guest tip, laying bare his spiritual doubts and hopes for the future on the back end. Fans can find Bonfire and many more thought-provoking jams on Bless’ Latin Marksman 2: R.O.A.M. Soul Khan’s latest project, the Wellstone EP, is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.