Nino Bless’ last feature, May’s Alien Jesus, saw the artist delivering a witty lyrical rundown of the falsehoods we’re constantly fed by the mainstream media and the powers that be. On newly-released mixtape standout Bonfire, the BK native turns that razor-sharp critical eye inward. Over a brooding Nemesis production sampled from electronic group Blue Foundations’ jam of the same title, Bless surveys his current position in the game with a steely gaze, recognizing that he has a long, hard road ahead of him but expressing confidence that he’ll ultimately reign victorious. Soul Khan digs even deeper on the guest tip, laying bare his spiritual doubts and hopes for the future on the back end. Fans can find Bonfire and many more thought-provoking jams on Bless’ Latin Marksman 2: R.O.A.M. Soul Khan’s latest project, the Wellstone EP, is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.