Nino Bless’ last feature, May’s Alien Jesus, saw the artist delivering a witty lyrical rundown of the falsehoods we’re constantly fed by the mainstream media and the powers that be. On newly-released mixtape standout Bonfire, the BK native turns that razor-sharp critical eye inward. Over a brooding Nemesis production sampled from electronic group Blue Foundations’ jam of the same title, Bless surveys his current position in the game with a steely gaze, recognizing that he has a long, hard road ahead of him but expressing confidence that he’ll ultimately reign victorious. Soul Khan digs even deeper on the guest tip, laying bare his spiritual doubts and hopes for the future on the back end. Fans can find Bonfire and many more thought-provoking jams on Bless’ Latin Marksman 2: R.O.A.M. Soul Khan’s latest project, the Wellstone EP, is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Third Degree ft. Nino Bless, Saigon & Crooked I" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.