When you step into Nino Augustine‘s Soul Kitchen, you can expect more than sustenance for the body—mental and spiritual nourishment are also on the menu. On this brand new single and first Booth feature, the Panama City, Panama spitter offers the Cliff’s Notes version of his autobiography, chronicling decades of personal and artistic growth over Brandon “Biro” Rowan‘s breezy, chopped-sample production. Throughout the record, the emcee drops plenty of knowledge to satisfy those craving food for thought, speaking out against greed and vanity and counseling listeners never to give up on their dreams. Augustine’s forthcoming, currently-untitled EP has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but listeners can keep their browsers locked for further information and song releases from the Central American buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Until Reality Hits" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.