More than a year after blessing our pages with his last feature, the reader-approved Another Reflection, indie buzzmaker Nino Augustine returns to our front page with a fresh cut off his next EP. As you may have surmised from the title, lead single Blow (The Intro) doubles as the project’s opening track, and its quiet intensity renders it uniquely suited for that role. Live ensemble The OPE Band (Nino’s collaborators throughout the project.) provide a moody, yet driving backdrop for the artist’s breathless reflections on the hustle. OPE keyboardist Toni Williams doubles as hookwoman. Soul Hop is set to drop in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.