More than a year after blessing our pages with his last feature, the reader-approved Another Reflection, indie buzzmaker Nino Augustine returns to our front page with a fresh cut off his next EP. As you may have surmised from the title, lead single Blow (The Intro) doubles as the project’s opening track, and its quiet intensity renders it uniquely suited for that role. Live ensemble The OPE Band (Nino’s collaborators throughout the project.) provide a moody, yet driving backdrop for the artist’s breathless reflections on the hustle. OPE keyboardist Toni Williams doubles as hookwoman. Soul Hop is set to drop in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.