More than a year after blessing our pages with his last feature, the reader-approved Another Reflection, indie buzzmaker Nino Augustine returns to our front page with a fresh cut off his next EP. As you may have surmised from the title, lead single Blow (The Intro) doubles as the project’s opening track, and its quiet intensity renders it uniquely suited for that role. Live ensemble The OPE Band (Nino’s collaborators throughout the project.) provide a moody, yet driving backdrop for the artist’s breathless reflections on the hustle. OPE keyboardist Toni Williams doubles as hookwoman. Soul Hop is set to drop in October. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.