Things seem to have gone sour for Nina and Natalie Albino of Nina Sky since last we heard from them. On Curtain Call, the lead single off the duo’s long delayed sophomore LP, The Musical, the identical twins called on a special man to satisfy their needs. He must not have been able to deliver the goods, however, as the follow-up finds the duo On Some Bullsh*t with the man in question. Salaam Remi‘s production, which superimposes shivering synth arpeggios over a classic-sounding breakbeat, acts as a chilly counterpoint to the anger apparent in the lyrics, and it all leads up to a stunningly caustic chorus. From what we’ve heard thus far, The Musical contains enough drama to satisfy even the most jaded theater buff. Will this story have a happy ending? We’ll have to wait until the LP drops in the first quarter of ‘09 to find out…
Listen to More: Nina Sky
Written by richard on 12/14/08
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.