Things seem to have gone sour for Nina and Natalie Albino of Nina Sky since last we heard from them. On Curtain Call, the lead single off the duo’s long delayed sophomore LP, The Musical, the identical twins called on a special man to satisfy their needs. He must not have been able to deliver the goods, however, as the follow-up finds the duo On Some Bullsh*t with the man in question. Salaam Remi‘s production, which superimposes shivering synth arpeggios over a classic-sounding breakbeat, acts as a chilly counterpoint to the anger apparent in the lyrics, and it all leads up to a stunningly caustic chorus. From what we’ve heard thus far, The Musical contains enough drama to satisfy even the most jaded theater buff. Will this story have a happy ending? We’ll have to wait until the LP drops in the first quarter of ‘09 to find out…
Written by richard on 12/14/08
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.