When twin sisters Natalie and Nicole of Nina Sky recently jumped inside the DJBooth with our very own DJ Z to discuss their new album, The Musical, they revealed how their project came to life, “When you put together a musical, you want the right writers, the right musical score, the right theme.” On the remix to their forthcoming album’s first single, Curtain Call, the ladies proved that their formula does indeed work. After drafting Rick Ross for the original version, the New York natives spice things up with the addition of Mr. 305, Pitbull. Over a mellow beat from producers Big Bert and EST, Pit works his magic, rhyming about his time thus far in the industry and how much he’s feeling the ladies. Expect plenty of danceable bangers from Nina Sky once The Musical hits stores in early 2009.
Written by Carly on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.