When twin sisters Natalie and Nicole of Nina Sky recently jumped inside the DJBooth with our very own DJ Z to discuss their new album, The Musical, they revealed how their project came to life, “When you put together a musical, you want the right writers, the right musical score, the right theme.” On the remix to their forthcoming album’s first single, Curtain Call, the ladies proved that their formula does indeed work. After drafting Rick Ross for the original version, the New York natives spice things up with the addition of Mr. 305, Pitbull. Over a mellow beat from producers Big Bert and EST, Pit works his magic, rhyming about his time thus far in the industry and how much he’s feeling the ladies. Expect plenty of danceable bangers from Nina Sky once The Musical hits stores in early 2009.
Written by Carly on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.