Whenever my roommate gets stood up by her boyfriend, she’ll come to me crying and devouring ice cream like she hasn’t eaten for days—usually, an occasional “Yeah, that sucks,” or “That’s terrible!” will be enough to placate her so that I can get back to playing Fallout 3 on the Xbox. While some deal with their troubles by crying and moaning for hours on end, others simply take it in stride. Take Nicole and Natalie Albino of Nina Sky, for example—on Beautiful People, a song off their forthcoming Starting Today LP (due out in October), the duo proclaim that they won’t let petty matters like male flakiness faze them. Over a trance-informed beat by The Stereotypes, the twins lay down a catchy hook that will have you humming along and feeling a bit of pity for the fool that stood them up in the first place—or, on second thought, maybe not; considering they’re partying with the beautiful people otherwise known as the DJBooth.net readership, that poor schmuck is probably the farthest thing from their minds.
Written by Dr. D on 07/5/09
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.