Whenever my roommate gets stood up by her boyfriend, she’ll come to me crying and devouring ice cream like she hasn’t eaten for days—usually, an occasional “Yeah, that sucks,” or “That’s terrible!” will be enough to placate her so that I can get back to playing Fallout 3 on the Xbox. While some deal with their troubles by crying and moaning for hours on end, others simply take it in stride. Take Nicole and Natalie Albino of Nina Sky, for example—on Beautiful People, a song off their forthcoming Starting Today LP (due out in October), the duo proclaim that they won’t let petty matters like male flakiness faze them. Over a trance-informed beat by The Stereotypes, the twins lay down a catchy hook that will have you humming along and feeling a bit of pity for the fool that stood them up in the first place—or, on second thought, maybe not; considering they’re partying with the beautiful people otherwise known as the DJBooth.net readership, that poor schmuck is probably the farthest thing from their minds.
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.