Question: why is it that every time I sit down to listen to a fresh set of Booth features, I hear a new joint inspired by a classic from the ‘80s or ‘90s? Funk Dat! OK, just kidding, I happen to enjoy that trend quite a bit – especially when the results are as catchy and creative as You Ain’t Got It, the latest EP single from Puerto Rican-bred identical-twins Nina Sky. Here, the head-nodding, breakbeat-driven instrumental from rapper/producer Sagat’s ‘94 club hit Funk Dat, gets a synth-fortified reworking from DJ Yonny; over this pulse-pounding backdrop, Nicole and Natalie Albino soulfully exercise their feminine wiles, challenging a lucky fella to “show [them] what heaven feels like.” This single’s overall vibe is considerably edgier than that of their last feature, the Booth-acclaimed Beautiful People but, as far as I’m concerned, no less appealing. Those who agree with my assessment can find plenty more where this came from on the sisters’ The Other Side EP, set to drop sometime in late summer.
Written by richard on 07/5/10
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.