Question: why is it that every time I sit down to listen to a fresh set of Booth features, I hear a new joint inspired by a classic from the ‘80s or ‘90s? Funk Dat! OK, just kidding, I happen to enjoy that trend quite a bit – especially when the results are as catchy and creative as You Ain’t Got It, the latest EP single from Puerto Rican-bred identical-twins Nina Sky. Here, the head-nodding, breakbeat-driven instrumental from rapper/producer Sagat’s ‘94 club hit Funk Dat, gets a synth-fortified reworking from DJ Yonny; over this pulse-pounding backdrop, Nicole and Natalie Albino soulfully exercise their feminine wiles, challenging a lucky fella to “show [them] what heaven feels like.” This single’s overall vibe is considerably edgier than that of their last feature, the Booth-acclaimed Beautiful People but, as far as I’m concerned, no less appealing. Those who agree with my assessment can find plenty more where this came from on the sisters’ The Other Side EP, set to drop sometime in late summer.
Written by richard on 07/5/10
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)