Picture This: an up-and-coming femcee with a cerebral lyrical sensibility and the skills to go toe-to-toe with Brooklyn mic-destroyer Skyzoo. Well, OK, that doesn’t exactly help you imagine what Nina B looks like (hey, that’s what the photo’s for), but it should give you a good idea what to expect from the Big Apple native’s latest single and Booth debut. Over the head-nodding organ boardwork of freestyle series alum 6th Sense, Nina showcases her painterly pen game and uniquely understated delivery, in verses packed with erudite namedrops and dizzying turns of phrase: “Michelangelo, I’m over your head like the Sistine Chapel, spittin 16s at you, leave a chalk outline where your body was a statue.” Skyzoo takes over on the back end, expressing his determination to drop wisdom in every single bar, even when his rhymes threaten to sail over the heads of less intellectually-agile listeners. Intrigued by Nina B.‘s artistic vision? You can expect more where this came from on the artist’s hilariously-titled Remember Me B*tch! The Bosstress Is Back! mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net in March.
Written by richard on 02/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Skies So Grey" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.