Labels are notorious for fleecing unwary artists, but Niko Villamor isn’t about to be the next music-game casualty. On new promo single Gratitude for Gratuity, the ATL rhymesayer proves himself a shrewd businessman, demanding that anyone interested in investing in his future seal the deal with cash up front. Complete with a low-key instrumental and closing verse by emcee/producer B. Rossi, this joint won’t be appearing on any forthcoming project, but those digging it can stay tuned to The DJBooth for everything Niko Villamor in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.