Labels are notorious for fleecing unwary artists, but Niko Villamor isn’t about to be the next music-game casualty. On new promo single Gratitude for Gratuity, the ATL rhymesayer proves himself a shrewd businessman, demanding that anyone interested in investing in his future seal the deal with cash up front. Complete with a low-key instrumental and closing verse by emcee/producer B. Rossi, this joint won’t be appearing on any forthcoming project, but those digging it can stay tuned to The DJBooth for everything Niko Villamor in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.